The Singaporean Sisters - Number 1 Luxury Lifestyle Blog in SINGAPORE!: Flying BUSINESS CLASS on Hong Kong Airlines to Hong Kong

Alisha & Lace Singapore

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Flying BUSINESS CLASS on Hong Kong Airlines to Hong Kong



Having flown for 5 years as an ex air stewardess, I always wondered how all the other different airlines work! How their food was served? What service ware do they use? Whether their cabin crew provided good service or not. So I decided to try out the new Hong Kong Airlines when I travelled to Hong Kong for a business trip and I bought a Business Class air ticket! I fly to Hong Kong pretty often for beauty exhibitions, conferences and for marketing research purposes. If you are wondering, what do I do for a living, you may find out by checking out my business website: www.SaraShantelle.com 


Hong Kong Airlines provided excellent service on their Business Class. I was really impressed by their new "Television" system, whereby it was "TOUCH SCREEN" and user-friendly. The food was decent. Their seats were the standard business class seats you have on most airlines. They gave out purple "BEDROOM" slippers and had plenty of cabin crew serving their business class. Service was attentive and excellent. The air ticket was awesomely cheap as compared to most other airlines. During take off and landing, they would play their "HONG KONG AIRLINES" company song, which was soothing to the ears. Not all airlines would play music during take offs and landings and I guess this is to calm passengers down. It must have proven quite effective! It was an interesting experience!


Of course, how can a visit to Hong Kong without some "PLAY TIME"!?


I visited The Peak Lookout at Hong Konghttp://www.peaklookout.com.hk/
The Peak Outlook is located on the landmark of the Peak, with an open terrace overlooking Aberdeen. The restaurant retains the History of the 19th Century, when the city was not so affluent.

The Peak Hong Konghttp://www.thepeak.com.hk/en/
It is a must visit! There are many nice restaurants and activities available. I would recommend that you take the Peak Tram if you would like to enjoy the skyline of Hong Kong. Other activities includes the Nature Walks & The History Gallery which are fairly interesting!


The Peak Lookout is famous for their Beef Steak. I ordered a Rib Eye cooked till Medium Rare (It is most tender to consume beef at Medium Rare). This place gives me a very nostalgic feeling. The whole architecture is very woody and there were a lot of old school Black and White frames on their walls. The lighting is dimmed to create a romantic atmosphere especially for couples!


As you can see, I enjoy eating Oysters. For all the oyster lovers out there, Sheraton Hotel's top level - Oyster Bar and Restaurant is an excellent restaurant to indulge in your cravings. Their oysters range from the sweet to salty. From small to big. There are a few Sheraton Hotels in Hong Kong, this is the one located across the road from the famous The Grand Peninsular Hotel, whereby they are known for their decadent "High Tea". This oyster bar also serves really amazing Crab Cakes, Foie Gras (Goose or Duck fatty Liver) and Lobster Bisque Soup. 


Their Apple Crumble Cake is served together with a Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream to complete my meal.


I really like the beautiful views of Hong Kong especially from the top of the Peak but the air there very polluted at times. For those suffering from Asthma, you are advised to bring a MASK there!


XOXO
Little Sister - Sara Shantelle Lim.

1 comment:

  1. This design is steller! You definitely know how to keep a reader
    entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!
    ) Wonderful job. I really loved what you had to
    say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!



    Also visit my weblog ... great wall tours beijing

    ReplyDelete